0. Development project: I finished my experiment writeups and all the graphs and charts today. The descriptive portion of the SOP is about done. I need to run a check tomorrow for rabbit serum standard curve and references and the human positive control. That will be a quick chart and writeup deal. My big task is the ELISA worksheet. I have a template to work with, but MS Word was being a bear today and I expect tomorrow will be no different. All the more reason to sleep well tonight.
1.0 Housemate hunting: eisa
and I had a stellar interview with rantmaster
yesterday. For a more detailed description, check out rantmaster's journal. He tells it well, and of course it's great publicity for eisa and I, because he makes us sound like the coolest people ever. What he doesn't mention is that we'd be really psyched to have him move in, and that he will also get along well with most of our friends. What he doesn't know is that if he moves in I/we will probably start dragging him to Susboid events like OPN and various foos. The rental app was filled out, references were checked, and now we're waiting to see what his plans are.
1.1 More housemate hunting: we've formally invited rantmaster to move in, yet we have interviews still scheduled. These feel like a big waste of our time, and they probably will be. For instance, we interviewed Abercrombie Boy of the Death Cologne today, who ran off almost immediately to go look at another place. Was my disinterest that apparent? However, it gave eisa
and I an excuse to go hang out and have yummy sushi. No loss! Dog lady's coming tomorrow. She'd be a good backup plan.
1.2 We'll be in need of a decorating party. Munchies, music, and a ceremonial feel to decorating the walls will be in order.
2. Sleep deprivation sucks, any way you slice it.
3. No Baitcon for me, although resources were offered. See above item regarding sleep dep.
4. With roommate stuff possibly out of the way, I'll now be thinking about the logistics of my own move. First and last month's rent were sent out yesterday. Maybe I can start sneaking boxes over and hiding them in a closet early. We'll see.
5. My LJ "friend of" number just topped 100 today. Alas.